August 4, 2012

Solving basics hell out of vsftpd

Configuring vsftpd isn't a very hard thing. If you haven't read the docs, then its crucial to go.

I had a fresh installation of vsftpd on CentOS 6.2
I tweaked hardly one or two params in /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf such as "anonymous_enable=NO"
Then created a new user using:

 #useradd -m -d /home/user1 -s /bin/bash user1  

Then I tried to connect to the server using our brand new user1.
Here's what I got:
500 OOPS: cannot change directory :/home/user1

After a bit digging on Google and thanks to this link, I was able to do it when I ran following command:

 /usr/sbin/setsebool -P ftp_home_dir 1  

This command takes a while to run, but it worked for me after that.
The setsebool sets boolean variables in SELinux.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home