February 28, 2011

Can not sign in automatically to Lync Server 2010.

I deployed a standalone Lync Server Standard 2010.
but When I was trying to sign in from client, I was unable to.
The error I was gettting :


" Can not sign in to Lync Server because the server is temporarily unavailable. If the problem continues, please contact your support team."


I verified that all the Lync Server Services on the server were up and running.


What I did was :
1. Open Lync 2010.
2. Go to Settings => Personal => Advanced.
3. Select Manual Configuration and add FQDN of Standard Edition Server.


and then tried again and it worked!


The client was unable to find the Lync Server automatically.
I solved the problem by adding a DNS record to service on Lync Server.


Just follow the steps on link below :


http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb663700(office.12).aspx


After you add entry, you should now be able to sign in to Lync Automatically.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home